Just 4 payments of $51.25 with
As the name suggests, the Traveller is just the right hat to take with you wherever you go. Because it’s made from Pliofelt, you can put it into your case or bag without worrying that it’ll lose its shape. The welted brim complete with memory insert is 3 inches wide and the crown is 4 3/8 inches in height. The ornamental 5/16 inch band is set off with a brass buckle. So the hat can be packed away with ease, the sweatband is fabric and the crown is unlined. This Akubra model has inside hooks for attaching a chin strap and has a UPF rating of 50+.
The Akubra Hats are Australian Made. Eagle Wools has been manufacturing sheepskin products since 1979. Akubra Traveller Hats are just one of the many 100% Australian made products we sell.
Ever wondered how an Akubra Hat is made?
Akubra Hat Care
Your Akubra hat should last you many years throughout all sorts of weather conditions. To best take care of your new purchase:
- Remove any dirt or dust using a soft brush. Brush the nap in a counter clockwise direction. You may also wipe your Akubra with a damp towel.
- Never pick up your hat by the crown as this may lead to damage. Instead, lift it by the back or the front of the brim. Alternatively, put your thumbs inside the sweat band with your fingers lightly touching the outer brim edge.
Fur felt hats are very adaptable to many shapes and sizes of heads. However, you need to get the basic hat size correct. To do this accurately, you should keep your tape measure firm and level while measuring your head’s circumference above the ridges of your eyebrows and across your temples. To order your correct hat size, check the chart below. If your head is in-between sizes, choose the next one up.
|Metric Hat Size (cm)||54||55||56||57||58||59||60||61||62||63||64||65|
|US Hat Size||6 3/4||6 7/8||7||7 1/8||7 1/4||7 3/8||7 1/2||7 5/8||7 3/4||7 7/8||8||8 1/8|
|Inches||21 1/8||21 1/2||21 7/8||22 1/4||22 5/8||23||23 1/2||23 7/8||24 1/4||24 5/8||25||25 1/2|
Checking the Fit
You should always double check how your hat fits before wearing it, so you know you have the right size:
- The sweatband should be secure to your head but not tight.
- If your head is a size in-between and for certain head shapes, your hat may be made more comfortable by using the felt pads that come with Akubra hats inside the sweatband.
- The top of the crown should not touch the top of your head so that your hat doesn’t sit correctly. If you’ve chosen a leather or cloth hat, and this is the case, you may benefit from having a smaller size. If your hat is fur felt, the top can be adjusted. Just check the info sheet that comes with your purchase.
Australia Wide Shipping – FREE for orders over $150
Australia Wide Shipping – $15 for orders under $150
International Shipping – $35