Just 4 payments of $55.00 with
The Akubra Riverina is named after the agricultural region of south-western New South Wales. It’s made to withstand the harsh Aussie Outback sun and features a broad dipping wide brim and a fedora crown. Additionally, the hat features a quality Ridge Back leather band as well as triangular shaped eyelet ventilation.
One of Akubra’s best-selling hats, the 102mm wide-brimmed Riverina gives you great protection from the rain and the sun as well as being stylish and great-looking. This is the perfect hat for both workmen and for anyone who wants rain and sun protection alongside style.
Detail-wise, the brim is tilted down in the rear and front. The hat boasts a pre-creased crown height of around 95mm with 3 large eyelets on either side for ventilation purposes. The Riverina is both waterproof and fully-lined, made with Imperial quality pure fur felt. It also boasts genuine ridge back plaited leather with the Akubra bronze badge and decorative embossing and a reeded roan leather sweatband.
The Riverina is rated UVR+50 sun protection.
Ever wondered how an Akubra Hat is made?
Akubra Hat Care
Your Akubra hat should last you many years throughout all sorts of weather conditions. To best take care of your new purchase:
- Remove any dirt or dust using a soft brush. Brush the nap in a counter clockwise direction. You may also wipe your Akubra with a damp towel.
- Never pick up your hat by the crown as this may lead to damage. Instead, lift it by the back or the front of the brim. Alternatively, put your thumbs inside the sweat band with your fingers lightly touching the outer brim edge.
Fur felt hats are very adaptable to many shapes and sizes of heads. However, you need to get the basic hat size correct. To do this accurately, you should keep your tape measure firm and level while measuring your head’s circumference above the ridges of your eyebrows and across your temples. To order your correct hat size, check the chart below. If your head is in-between sizes, choose the next one up.
|Metric Hat Size (cm)||54||55||56||57||58||59||60||61||62||63||64||65|
|US Hat Size||6 3/4||6 7/8||7||7 1/8||7 1/4||7 3/8||7 1/2||7 5/8||7 3/4||7 7/8||8||8 1/8|
|Inches||21 1/8||21 1/2||21 7/8||22 1/4||22 5/8||23||23 1/2||23 7/8||24 1/4||24 5/8||25||25 1/2|
Checking the Fit
You should always double check how your hat fits before wearing it, so you know you have the right size:
- The sweatband should be secure to your head but not tight.
- If your head is a size in-between and for certain head shapes, your hat may be made more comfortable by using the felt pads that come with Akubra hats inside the sweatband.
- The top of the crown should not touch the top of your head so that your hat doesn’t sit correctly. If you’ve chosen a leather or cloth hat, and this is the case, you may benefit from having a smaller size. If your hat is fur felt, the top can be adjusted. Just check the info sheet that comes with your purchase.
Australia Wide Shipping – FREE for orders over $150
Australia Wide Shipping – $15 for orders under $150
International Shipping – $35