Just 4 payments of $51.25 with
Part of Akubra’s Urban Collection, the Avalon is a unisex hat made from extra-soft pure felt fur. The pinched telescopic crown is pre-creased and measures 4 inches at the back and front and 4 ½ inches at the sides. This hat model boasts a 3 ¼ inch brim, has no chin strap hooks and is unlined. With a UPF rating of 50+, the Australian-made Avalon hat has a fabric sweatband and a leather hat band.
The Avalon is a soft felt hat. Features a soft buckram inner and a plaited bonded leather band with a brass Akubra plate.
The Akubra Hats are Australian Made. Eagle Wools has been manufacturing sheepskin products since 1979. Akubra Hats are just one of the many 100% Australian made products we sell.
Ever wondered how an Akubra Hat is made?
Akubra Hat Care
Your Akubra hat should last you many years throughout all sorts of weather conditions. To best take care of your new purchase:
- Remove any dirt or dust using a soft brush. Brush the nap in a counter clockwise direction. You may also wipe your Akubra with a damp towel.
- Never pick up your hat by the crown as this may lead to damage. Instead, lift it by the back or the front of the brim. Alternatively, put your thumbs inside the sweat band with your fingers lightly touching the outer brim edge.
Fur felt hats are very adaptable to many shapes and sizes of heads. However, you need to get the basic hat size correct. To do this accurately, you should keep your tape measure firm and level while measuring your head’s circumference above the ridges of your eyebrows and across your temples. To order your correct hat size, check the chart below. If your head is in-between sizes, choose the next one up.
|Metric Hat Size (cm)||54||55||56||57||58||59||60||61||62||63||64||65|
|US Hat Size||6 3/4||6 7/8||7||7 1/8||7 1/4||7 3/8||7 1/2||7 5/8||7 3/4||7 7/8||8||8 1/8|
|Inches||21 1/8||21 1/2||21 7/8||22 1/4||22 5/8||23||23 1/2||23 7/8||24 1/4||24 5/8||25||25 1/2|
Checking the Fit
You should always double check how your hat fits before wearing it, so you know you have the right size:
- The sweatband should be secure to your head but not tight.
- If your head is a size in-between and for certain head shapes, your hat may be made more comfortable by using the felt pads that come with Akubra hats inside the sweatband.
- The top of the crown should not touch the top of your head so that your hat doesn’t sit correctly. If you’ve chosen a leather or cloth hat, and this is the case, you may benefit from having a smaller size. If your hat is fur felt, the top can be adjusted. Just check the info sheet that comes with your purchase.
Australia Wide Shipping – FREE for orders over $150
Australia Wide Shipping – $15 for orders under $150
International Shipping – $35