Okay, so you’ve finally bought that awesome Akubra Cattleman hat you’ve had your eye on for ages. Your brand-new hat looks great. It feels amazing to wear, but how can you ensure that you keep your Akubra looking as good as possible for as long as possible?
Your Akubra hat is an investment. It has been made with love and attention. With the right care, it will last you years. So, what do you need to do to care for your new headwear?
- Allow it to dry naturally if it becomes wet. If you force-dry your Akubra, the leather band inside will shrink, making it difficult to stretch back to the right size.
- Try not to get the inner band wet.
- If the brim gets out of shape, just hold your Akubra over a steaming kettle until it becomes moist.
- Ensure your hat fits firmly.
- When you initially buy your Akubra, if you find that you’re in between sizes, choose the bigger of the two so you can insert a liner inside to create a snugger fit. A small hat that fits too tightly will be uncomfortable.
- Don’t worry if your hat seems stiff when its new. With wear, it will mould to the shape of your head.
- Try not to squeeze the front portion of your hat when placing it on our head as this will make it wear prematurely.
- Always either hang your hat on a hat peg or place it upside down when you’re not wearing it.
You should also always ensure your hat is properly fitted before you purchase it. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff at Eagle Wools know all there is to about correctly fitting Akubra hats. When you’re looking for Akubra hats, Perth-based Eagle Wools have you covered.