Baking some ANZAC Biscuits is a great way to spend some time to reflect and appreciate what the ANZACS did for our great country of Australia. It is especially a great activity to do with children and an engaging time to talk to them about the ANZAC spirit and what the day is all about.
We have compiled this great ANZAC Biscuit recipe from BestRecipes.com.au. We hope you enjoy.
- 2 baking tray
- 1 saucepan
- 1 sieve
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 125 g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the golden syrup and water.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the liquid mixture.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place walnut-sized balls of mixture on a greased tray and bake at 175C for 15-20 minutes.
- Biscuits will harden when cool.